Sunday, June 18, 2023

Counting down my Top 83 of '83: Bubbling Under Singles


Hope you enjoyed the Top 83 of '83 series countdown.  As mentioned in each post, I started with the 452 singles that peaked on Billboard Magazine's Hot 100 chart in 1983. An initial pass through those lists narrowed it down to 120 before deciding on the final 83.  But what of those other 37 singles that made the first cut but weren't selected for the final list?  Here they are, in alphabetical order:

"Automatic Man"Michael Sembello
"Baby, Come to Me"Patti Austin/James Ingram
"Bang the Drum All Day"Todd Rundgren
"Boogie Down"Al Jarreau
"Breaking Us in Two"Joe Jackson
"Come On Eileen"Dexys Midnight Runners
"Do You Wanna Hold Me"Bow Wow Wow
"Don't Change"INXS
"Don't Cry"Asia
"Dr Jeckyll and Mr Jive"Men at Work
"Everyday I Write the Book"Elvis Costello
"Feet Don't Fail Me Now"Utopia
"Foolin'"Def Leppard
"Gimme All Your Lovin'"ZZ Top
"Heartbreaker"Dionne Warwick
"I Don't Care Anymore"Phil Collins
"I Like It"DeBarge
"I'll Tumble 4 Ya"Culture Club
"Islands in the Stream"Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton
"Jeopardy"Greg Kihn Band
"Lies"Thompson Twins
"Love On Your Side"Thompson Twins
"Memphis"Joe Jackson
"Mirror Man"Human League
"On The Loose"Saga
"Pass the Dutchie"Musical Youth
"Rainbow's End"Sergio Mendes
"Rockit"Herbie Hancock
"Safety Dance"Men Without Hats
"Salt in My Tears"Martin Briley
"Saved by Zero"The Fixx
"Sharp Dressed Man"ZZ Top
"Shock the Monkey"Peter Gabriel
"Tip of My Tongue"The Tubes
"Walking in LA"Missing Persons
"You and I"Eddie Rabbitt/Crystal Gayle
"You Are"Lionel Richie

No comments :

Post a Comment