Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Bracketology: 1980 Adult Contemporary singles, Finals


So today's picks will leave many of you disappointed in me and it wouldn't be the first time.
  • Semifinal #1: While I enjoy "All Things Are Possible," it doesn't immediately take me back to 8th grade memories at McAllister Middle School like "Lead Me On" does. Hooks a'plenty. I didn't really understand the lyrics then, but that didn't keep me from singing them at the top of lungs, much to my mother's dismay. To her credit, she never told me stop singing.
  • Semifinal #2:  Elsewhere on this blog, I once wrote the following about "Where Were You When I Was Falling in Love:" "This one doesn't float my boat.  I find it boring, but it's harmless enough." That means another upset victory for Stevie, setting up an unprecedented 7 seed vs. 8 seed match-up in the final round.




Check back as we crown the champion.


No comments :

Post a Comment