Thursday, November 29, 2018

Albums of My Senior Year in High School (1983-84)

Your humble blogger's high school campus, ca. 1984.



A few months back, friend o' the blog JB offered up this rant:


JB and I are in complete agreement. But his tweet got me thinking about other albums with that kind of longevity, then I heard my 80 year old high school campus is mercifully scheduled for demolition, and because brains work in strange ways, I put those two seemingly unrelated thoughts together and came up with this question:
Were there any albums that had singles in Billboard's Hot 100 for the entirety of my senior year in high school, August 1983-May 1984?
Well, I found one album that met the criteria (a personal favorite at that!) and four others that came dang close. Granted, a lot of this success is due to timing and luck, but that's the music biz. This may or may not have any interest to you, but I did the research and compulsively created a timeline graphic, so here it is:

click to enlarge



(Now taking suggestions for other albums, school years, or calendar years for analysis)

No comments :

Post a Comment