Friday, November 14, 2014

Playboy's Roller Disco & Pajama Party (1979)


I saw this advertisement yesterday over at Jim Bartlett's entertaining and historical Tumblr site (go check it out) and thought I'd share it with you:


This special originally aired on the ABC Network, Friday, November 23, 1979.  And thanks to the wonders of the Interwebs, here ya go:


Part 1 is above, here are Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4 (complete with original ads).  Musical guests for this shindig are disparate acts Chuck Mangione and The Village People, but if my ears don't deceive me, this hedonistic special has a sweet soundtrack (yes, I watched the whole thing because of course I did):
  • "Sunset People" by Donna Summer
  • "Feels So Good" by Chuck Mangione
  • "Have a Cigar" by Rosebud
  • "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer
  • "Ring My Bell" by Anita Ward
  • "Pump It Up" by Fever
  • "Move On Up" by Destination
  • "Come to Me" by France Joli
  • "Heaven Must Have Sent You" by Bonnie Pointer
  • "Rock & Roll is Back Again" by The Village People
  • "We are Family" by Sister Sledge
  • "I Go Crazy" by Paul Davis
  • "You Make Loving Fun" by Fleetwood Mac
  • "Rise" by Herb Alpert
  • "You Decorated My Life" by Kenny Rogers
  • "Makin' It" by David Naughton
  • "H.A.P.P.Y. Radio" by Edwin Starr
  • "Ready for the 80's" by The Village People
  • "Land of Make Believe" by Chuck Mangione
Amazingly, there's not a musical credit to be found anywhere.

1 comment :

  1. HERC, of course, must still honor his mother's original edict from 1979: "You don't need to watch that trash" or something like that.

    But that's a helluva playlist, right there. Many of those songs were heard at HERC's local roller rink back then.

    ReplyDelete