Monday, November 25, 2013

Radio Daze: Pop Hits Of The '80s, Vol. 9


The fifth in a series of eleven posts is now available over at Herc's Hideaway.  An imagined Volume 9 of the Radio Daze series covers the months July through October 1982, which would have included the beginning of my junior year of high school.  I don't remember much about anything I actually learned during school that year as my teenage angst seemed to waffle on a continuum with unrequited love at one end and true love lost at the other (a.k.a. typical self-imposed teenage drama).   So these are the songs that soundtracked those good times.  Apologies if I got a little melancholy on this one.  Here are the 12 tracks Herc selected for Volume 9:

Title Artist
You Can Do Magic America
Still They Ride Journey
Hey! Baby Anne Murray
I Only Want To Be With You Nicolette Larson
I Will Always Love You Dolly Parton
Somebody's Baby Jackson Browne
The One You Love Glenn Frey
Nobody Sylvia
Gypsy Fleetwood Mac
Southern Cross Crosby, Stills, & Nash
Muscles Diana Ross
Just You And I Eddie Rabbitt with Crystal Gayle

Click on the banner below to visit Herc's Hideaway to listen to the playlist and get my take on these songs.



Click on the links below to check out the original 5 compilations as well as Herc's previous Radio Daze playlists:

No comments :

Post a Comment