Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Donna Summer Special (1980)


On January 27, 1980, ABC broadcast "The Donna Summer Special" with special guest star Robert Guillaume and a special appearance by daughter Mimi Summer. It's a hour-long variety show that includes, studio performances, sketches, and live performances from the Hollywood Bowl. Pulse-pounding music, comedy, fireworks and fun!



I might have watched it in 1980, but it was broadcast past my bedtime on a school night so who knows? Thanks to the miracle of technology, I can enjoy it now:



Song performances:
  • Dim All the Lights
  • Fairy Tale High (duet with Mimi)
  • On the Radio
  • Hot Stuff
  • Sketch medley with Robert Guillaume: Once Upon a Time/The Man I Love/Midnight at the Oasis/The Way You Do the Things You Do/Bridge Over Troubled Water
  • Medley: The Man I Love/I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)/Some of these Days
  • Sunset People
  • Bad Girls
  • Starting Over Again
  • Last Dance




No comments :

Post a Comment