Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Leslie Smith - Heartache (1982)


Released: June, 1982 (Elektra)
Produced by: Peter Bunetta & Rick Chudacoff
Peak on the US Billboard 200: Did not chart
Peak on the Cash Box 200: Did not chart

Side One Side Two
It's Something
I'm on the Outside Looking In
Before the Night is Over
Don't Shut the Door (On My Love)
Dream On
Nothin' You Can Do About It
Love's a Heartache
Do You Still Remember Me
If You're in Love





Billboard, June 5, 1982, p. 62
Billboard, June 12, 1982, p. 86

Note: a CD version was released in Japan in 2012 with the following cover:




Just when I thought I've heard all the great releases of 1982, I'm hipped to yet another one. And I'm thankful for that. I can't remember exactly how I came across this gem, but I'm betting it had something to do with social media.

Popped collars and skinny ties! I confess to wearing similar fashions in the early '80s (and, yes, there's photographic evidence).

I couldn't find much about Leslie Smith from online sources; as of this writing, Smith doesn't have a Wikipedia page (he's briefly mentioned on the page of Lester Abrams).  However, when I recently bought a copy of this LP, it included a press kit, click the thumbnail below to view a PDF scan of said kit.


So Smith was in a group called Crackin' in the mid-'70s - if you'll excuse me, I'll be venturing down that rabbit hole now. In the meantime, enjoy this excellent album:






No comments :

Post a Comment