Saturday, April 22, 2017

Greg Smaha (1979)


Greg Smaha
Released: 1979 (RCA, France)
Produced by: Misha Segal

Side One Side Two
Mirror of Love
Never Before
But I Love You
Angel Adele
 No One Knows
Money
You
Springtime in Boston
Sunshine
Lady L.A.



click photos to enlarge







I had never heard of Greg Smaha until I came across this Mixcloud show from Professor Eddy:


I loved the tune the Prof included ("Sunshine") enough to seek out the album. Even though it was recorded in California, the album was never released in the US, so finding a copy was difficult and I spent more on the vinyl than I should have (shhh, don't tell the wife). I could find very little about Smaha online and emails to the producer Misha Segal went unanswered, but there's a discogs entry: https://www.discogs.com/Greg-Smaha-Greg-Smaha/release/3463147

Now you know as much about this adult-oriented yacht disco album as I do. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy this discovery as much as I have.



  1. Sunshine
  2. Never Before
  3. Mirror of Love
  4. Lady LA
  5. Springtime in Boston
  6. You
  7. Angel Adele
  8. Money
  9. No One Knows
  10. But I Love You


No comments :

Post a Comment