Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Yacht Rock Album of the Month: Robbie Dupree (1980)



What is yacht rock? Click here for a pretty good definition and song suggestions. But, with apologies to Supreme Court justice Potter Stewart, I know it when I hear it. So my definition might not meet yours. In fact, it probably won't meet yours. I'd argue the sub-genre of yacht rock started in 1975 with Steely Dan's Katy Lied, but for purposes of this series of posts, I'm going to stick to the years 1976-82. If you're okay with all this arbitrariness, here's the Yacht Rock Album of the Month for November, 2016:


Released: 1980 (Elektra)
Produced by: Rick Chudcoff & Peter Bunetta
Peak on the US Billboard 200: 51
Peak on the Cash Box 200: 56

Side One Side Two
Steal Away
I'm No Stranger
Thin Line
It's a Feeling
Hot Rod Hearts
Nobody Else
We Both Tried
Love is a Mystery
Lonely Runner





Billboard, June 14, 1980, p.66

Wikipedia
Allmusic
Discogs
Rate Your Music


No comments :

Post a Comment