Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bracketology: Duran Duran singles, Champion


As it should be, the final match-up was a tough one.  So tough that this post almost didn't get published today because I couldn't make up my mind on a clear winner.  Since I kept going back and forth on my decision, I invented a tie-breaker: the 12" single remixes.  Unfortunately for "The Reflex," that single's 6:35 remix ("The Dance Mix") isn't as good as the 7" single remix.  The 12" single for "Rio" contained the album version and then a "Rio (Part II)" which is a basically an instrumental version (which I normally use for rather loud karaoke performances) that showcases the song's fantastic arrangement and the beautiful shaping of the saxophone solo. Advantage: "Rio"





For more on Rio, click here.

1 comment :

  1. "Her name is Rio and she is the champion/Just like that guy that did that thing and got the win"

    Brilliant tie-breaking solution BTW.

    ReplyDelete