Monday, January 6, 2014

Radio Daze: Pop Hits Of The '80s, Vol. 15


Last dance, last chance.  The final imagined volume of the Radio Daze series covers the months May - December 1985, a period that included one of my favorite summers of all time.  That summer, I worked with some great people at a plumbing supply warehouse, took some classes at the local junior college, and turned 19, which was the legal drinking age in Texas at the time.  To top it all off, by the time the summer ended, my future wife and I had our first date. I could talk about that summer all day, but we're here to talk soft rock.  Here are the 12 tracks Herc has carefully selected for Volume 15:

Title Artist
Getcha Back The Beach Boys
Not Enough Love in the World Don Henley
Your Love is King Sade
Your Secret's Safe with Me Michael Franks
A Little Bit of Heaven Natalie Cole
Cry Godley & Creme
You are My Lady Freddie Jackson
Fortress Around Your Heart Sting
The Long and Winding Road Billy Ocean
I'll Be There Kenny Loggins
I Miss You Klymaxx
You're a Friend of Mine Clarence Clemons

Click on the banner below to visit Herc's Hideaway to listen to the playlist and get my take on these songs.



This week's post includes a hard-hitting and insightful interview segment.  What are you waiting for? Head on over to Herc's Hideaway, stat!


Click on the links below to check out the original 5 compilations as well as Herc's previous Radio Daze playlists:

No comments :

Post a Comment