Monday, December 30, 2013

Radio Daze: Pop Hits Of The '80s, Vol. 14


The tenth in a series of eleven posts is now available over at Herc's Hideaway.  This latest imagined volume of the Radio Daze series covers the months November 1984 - May 1985, a.k.a. my freshman year at college.  I was an average student at an average state university, but I thought I was the shit [insert eyeroll here].  Even though I was studying "serious" music in college, that didn't keep me from keeping up with my beloved soft rock.  I would have included personal favorite Everything She Wants by Wham (released April 1985, Pop #1, AC #4, R&B #12, Dance #3), but no matter. Here are the 12 tracks Herc has selected for Volume 14:

Title Artist
We Belong Pat Benatar
Taxi Dancing Rick Springfield & Randy Crawford
Foolish Heart Steve Perry
Nightshift Commodores
California Girls David Lee Roth
You Send Me The Manhattans
Emotion Barbra Streisand
Why Can't I Have You The Cars
Fresh Kool & The Gang
One Lonely Night REO Speedwagon
Through the Fire Chaka Khan
You Give Good Love Whitney Houston

Click on the banner below to visit Herc's Hideaway to listen to the playlist and get my take on these songs.



Click on the links below to check out the original 5 compilations as well as Herc's previous Radio Daze playlists:

No comments :

Post a Comment