Monday, November 4, 2013

Radio Daze: Pop Hits Of The '80s, Vol. 6


In 1995, Rhino released 5 volumes in their Radio Daze compilation series, which featured soft rock singles from the years 1979-81.  Inspired by posts about that series over at The CD Project, my buddy Herc put together playlists to make up an additional eleven volumes.  I've agreed to break down those playlists track-by-track in a style similar to the one I followed for Rhino's original 5 volumes.  The second in that series of contributions is now available over at Herc's Hideaway.  Here are the 12 tracks Herc selected for Volume 6, covering the months July - October, 1981, which would have included the first months of my sophomore year in high school:

Title Artist
Cool Love Pablo Cruise
Love On A Two Way Street Stacy Lattisaw
You Don't Know Me Mickey Gilley
The Old Song Ray Parker Jr & Raydio
Don't Give It Up Robbie Patton
The Voice The Moody Blues
(I'm Settin') Fancy Free The Oak Ridge Boys
Just Once Quincy Jones
Oh No The Commodores
I Want You, I Need You Chris Christian
The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known) Juice Newton
Turn Your Love Around George Benson

Click on the banner below to visit Herc's Hideaway to listen to the playlist and get my take on these songs.



Click on the links below to check out the original 5 compilations as well as Herc's previous Radio Daze playlist:

No comments :

Post a Comment